Agricultural cycle #
This section describes the stages of agricultural activity in the order in which they occur, forming the agricultural cycle in the Golden Clone. The listed actions in the current stage must be performed in order to advance to the next stage. Some of the steps in the stage are mandatory, some are not.
Stages of farming #
The maximum volume of agricultural production is achieved by increasing soil fertility. Fertilizer application is an important (albeit optional) step in farming. Agricultural crops will grow without fertilizer, but the yield will be smaller. An experienced entrepreneur will always find a middle ground. With proper planning, you can benefit from both the use of fertilizers and the absence of them.
Fertilizing the soil on clone land is possible in two ways:
- manual application of specially prepared fertilizers to the field;
- peacocks grazing on the plots.
These two methods are complementary and can be used both together and separately. When used simultaneously during one agricultural cycle, their effect is cumulative. The order of execution does not matter - you can first fertilize the field manually and then start grazing the peacocks, or you can do the opposite.
In the Manure and Fertilizers section (Business → Livestock → Manure and Fertilizers), you can make fertilizer yourself from the manure produced by your livestock and poultry, or purchase it from other players at the fair.
The period of manual fertilization with the maximum possible fertilization of the site (100%) takes 5 days (120 hours). The time spent is proportionally reduced depending on the amount of fertilizer applied (you can fertilize the field with less fertilizer).
The duration of grazing of peacocks in the field is 2 days (48 hours).
A few important points to consider when fertilizing garden plots:
- fertilization (by both methods) can be carried out only before you start the sowing stage;
- fertilizer is applied first of all to those areas accessible for cultivation to which the irrigation system is attached, and then to all others;
- the duration of the stage of manual application of fertilizers to the field(s) can be reduced by hiring servants;
- the duration of the peacock(s) herding phase cannot be shortened by hiring servants;
- at the stage of fertilizing, the clone spends 1 unit of stamina per day on each field that it fertilizes, even if the work was not carried out for a full day;
- work during the peacock(s) herding stage does not require stamina;
- if you free your clone from working in the field while manually applying fertilizers or grazing peacocks, then such an area will immediately go into a “black fallow” state, and the applied fertilizers will be lost;
- Fertilizing the soil with livestock fertilizers is carried out through one agricultural cycle, i.e. if you fertilize a field in the current cycle, then in the next cycle you will not be able to fertilize it. Peacocks can be grazed every cycle.
The next stage is sowing seeds in the field. Sowing can be done both on fertilized fields and on fields without fertilizer. This is a mandatory stage of the agricultural cycle, which lasts 2 days (48 hours).
To plant plots of land, you must purchase crop seeds from the biotechnology department at the state farm. One bag of seeds is enough to sow one plot of land with the appropriate crop.
Table. Seeds cost
|Type of culture||Cost of seeds, gold|
|Any kind of flowers||For free|
The sowing process is carried out in the following order: first, the fields fertilized in the current agricultural season are sown, then those that cannot be fertilized in the current season (fertilized last season), and finally all remaining fields. The presence of an irrigation system on a field increases the priority of sowing on this field in each of the listed categories.
A few important points to consider when sowing in garden plots:
- the duration of the sowing stage can be shortened by hiring servants;
- work at the sowing stage costs 1 stamina per day for your clone on each field it sows (for each day of work, even if the work was not carried out for a full day);
- If you release your clone from working on the field during the sowing process, then such a plot will immediately go into the “under fallow” state, and the applied seeds (and fertilizers) will be lost.
Crop growth and ripening #
Immediately after sowing is completed, the harvest period will automatically begin. This period lasts 15 days (360 hours).
The speed of crop ripening can be increased, thereby shortening the ripening period. If several conditions are present, the corresponding speed increases are summed up:
- the speed of crop ripening in all fields located on the territory of the principality or megacity in which the miracle “Great Ear” was built increases by 5% relative to the initial one.
- If there is a miracle in both the principality and the megacity, the ripening rate will increase by 10% relative to the initial one;
- the speed of crop ripening in all fields located on the territory of the principality in which the megalithic structure “Aqueduct” was built increases by 5% relative to the initial one;
- if there is an irrigation system attached to the field, the ripening speed increases by 10% relative to the initial one.
A few important points to consider during the ripening process:
- the duration of the growth and maturation stage cannot be shortened by hiring servants;
- work at this stage does not require endurance costs;
- If you release your clone from working in the field during the ripening of the crop, then such a plot will immediately go into a “black fallow” state, and the applied seeds (and fertilizers) will be lost.
Once the crop is ripe, the plot of land goes into a state of waiting for the harvest to begin. Before harvesting, an agricultural tax must be paid for each field in which the crop has ripened. Until the tax is paid, the crops will remain in the fields, awaiting harvest, but will not be lost. Your clones working in these fields do not waste stamina while waiting for the tax to be paid.
Harvesting lasts 3 days (72 hours).
The amount of crop harvested from a plot of land also depends on fertilizers.
Several important points to consider when harvesting from plots of land:
- the duration of the harvest phase can be shortened by hiring servants;
- working at the harvest stage requires the clone to spend 1 point of stamina per day on each field where it harvests (for each day of work, even if the day was not a full one);
- If you release your clone from working in the field while waiting for the harvest or during the harvesting process, then such a plot will immediately go into a “black fallow” state, and the applied seeds (and fertilizers) will be lost. Tax already paid is not refundable.
Upon completion of the harvest, the clone working in the field is automatically released from work in this area, the harvested crop goes to the inventory of this clone, and the land goes into a “black steam” state.
Black steam #
Farmland needs periodic rest to protect against depletion. This period of complete rest of the earth is called “black fallow”. Black steam retains moisture in the soil, enriches it with nutrients (primarily nitrogen) and cleanses the soil of weeds, pathogens and pests. On clone land, the period of “black steam” lasts 15 days (360 hours). The plots switch to the “black fallow” state automatically as soon as the “Harvest” stage is completed. At the same time, clones who worked in these areas are automatically released from work.
Also, all plots of land where you manually remove clones from working at any other stages of the agricultural cycle go into the “under fallow” state.
The duration of the “black steam” period can be reduced in the following ways (the effect of all methods is cumulative):
- the presence of the “Giant Sunflower” miracle in the principality reduces the duration of the “black fallow” period on all plots of land in this principality by 3 days;
- the presence of the “Queen of the Night” miracle in the principality reduces the duration of the “black steam” period on all plots of land in this principality by 2 days;
- the presence of the megalithic structure “Aqueduct” in the principality reduces the duration of the “black steam” period on all plots of land in this principality by 2 days;
- the fields on the territory of the principality with the built megalithic structure “Great Warrior Complex” are in a state of black steam for 1 day less;
- Applying “Living Earth” elixirs to a field reduces the duration of the “black vapor” period on this field to 5 days.
Agricultural tax #
The amount of tax depends on the type of crop grown.
Table. Harvest tax
|Type of culture||Tax, gold|
|Any kind of flowers||For free|
The harvest tax you pay goes to the state budget. From these revenues the state makes payments to the following funds:
- 20% - to the Giant Sunflower Wonder Owners Fund;
- 10% - to the Great Ear of Wonders Owners Fund;
- 30% to the State Farm Securities Dividend Fund;
- 10% - to the owner of the settlement on whose territory the crop was harvested;
- 5% - to the prince whose territory was harvested;
- 5% - to the fund of megacities of this principality;
- 9% - to the university employee bonus fund;
- 1% goes to a charity fund.
Elixir “Living Earth” #
A single use of the “Living Earth” elixir reduces the duration of the “black vapor” period on a given piece of land by 1 day (24 hours). The same area can be treated with the elixir no more than 5 times in one agricultural season. Thus, the maximum reduction in the period of “black vapor” using the elixir is 5 days (120 hours).
The elixir can be applied to the area by clicking on the fields tab that is under the black steam. In the menu that appears, you need to enter the amount of elixir that you want to use for all the listed fields. Elixirs affect all your plots of land in the “black steam” state sequentially, 1 elixir per field, starting with those that were in the “black steam” state the least. If you have entered more elixirs than there are fields in the “black steam” state, then the remaining elixirs will again be distributed to the same fields, following the same rule. The maximum number of elixirs that can be applied to the same piece of land in one season is 5.
Elixir “Living Earth” can be made in the alchemy laboratory or purchased at the fair.
Farming infographics #
For convenience, our specialists have developed a graphical comprehensive diagram that clearly demonstrates one agricultural cycle in the land of clones.